Why DMR Radio for Security Companies
DMR For Security Companies
A growing trend for security companies is the adoption of DMR radios as their primary means of team communications. For Rangeland, our security clients view adopting DMR handhelds as a crucial upgrade for their day to day operations for four reasons:
- Voice & Data Encryption
- When operating in the field it is crucial that a security team's sensitive communications are protected. DMR radios can use advanced digital encryption to prevent unauthorized interception of sensitive information. Rangeland has a number of encrypted radio options as well as a few handhelds that can be upgraded to support AES-256 encryption.
- Improved Voice Quality
- DMR radios use digital technology to transmit voice signals. This results in significantly improved voice quality when compared to analog radios. DMR radios also offer a number of features that can improve voice quality, such as noise cancellation and echo cancellation. These voice enhancement features allow security teams to communicate more clearly and effectively
- Increased Usable Range
- DMR radios provide better signal quality at the far end of their range when compared to analog radios. This means that DMR users often see an increase in the usable range of their radios.
- Up to 40% more battery life
- DMR radios transmit in a more efficient manner than their analog equivalents. DMR radios transmit on one of two available timeslots, or half the time of a conventional analog transmission. This allows them to deliver a battery life up to 40% longer than the analog equivalent on a single charge.
If you’re interested in exploring DMR options for your security team. Contact us today to discuss options and pricing.